Venosa Precast Terrazzo (Venosa) was founded and established in 2017 to address the growing demand for quality craftsmanship in producing various precast terrazzo architectural products primarily for the commercial market. Collaborating with the nation’s finest specifiers, general contractors, distributors, and contractors, Venosa strives to attain stellar customer satisfaction on every project. Venosa’s core values are clearly stated to include inspiring commitment to its customers and employees, embracing accountability, practicing relentless improvement, and doing the right thing.
The position of CNC Operator (CO) primary responsibility is to set up and operate CNC machines and equipment. Other responsibilities include unloading raw materials, preparing test runs to ensure the machinery is working properly, inspecting, and measuring finished products to ensure they meet project requirements.
The CO reports directly to the CNC Lead.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Set-up and manage CNC machines to perform upcoming projects to meet the project specifications and production schedule.
- Check shop drawings and requirements to ensure they project requirements
- Ensure the CNC machines operate by the guidelines of the company.
- Oversee the machines during production maximize output and ensure quality
- Track the number of pieces processed daily on the CNC machines.
- Brainstorm ideas with the CNC team that will help improve production processes
- Keep the finishing work areas and machinery clean and safe every day.
- Operate all equipment safely and keep all tools, cords, and ancillary supplies in good condition with appropriate safety guards in place.
- Other duties may apply.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strategic – sound skills for vetting the merit of alternative solutions and potential opportunities with the discipline to identify and implement changes.
- Energized – works with a sense of urgency and positive attitude when engaging with others.
- Passionate – guided daily by the group’s mission and core values.
- Leader – easily moves others to action by planning and organizing the work, with a strong focus on training and motivating others, and establishing a cadence for frequent interaction with employees.
- Communicator – establishes trust with customers, employees, vendors, and colleagues.
- Accurate – exhibits the group’s quality commitment to “do it once, do it right”.
- Trustworthy – ability to work discreetly and honorably with confidential information.
- Content – aptitude for timeliness, documentation, and organization.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification required.
- Certificate or diploma in engineering is highly desired.
- Ability to translate mechanical documents and shop drawings.
- Great attention to detail with a goal-driven attitude.
- Strong comprehension and analytical abilities.
- Excellent computer and mathematical skills.
- Experience with CAD is highly desirable.