Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Venosa Precast Terrazzo (Venosa) was founded and established in 2017 to address the growing demand for quality craftsmanship in the production of a variety of precast terrazzo shapes primarily targeted for the commercial market. As part of the Rosa Mosaic Group, Venosa quickly embraced the Rosa Mosaic core values and is now a growing regional precast supplier. Collaborating with the region’s finest specifiers, general contractors, agents, and terrazzo contractors, Venosa strives to attain stellar customer satisfaction on every project.
The Industrial Maintenance Mechanic (IMM) reports to the Venosa Plant Manager and works closely with all Venosa colleagues responsible for equipment operation, equipment and parts sourcing, production scheduling, raw material preparation, and packaging. The IMM is responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining all plant production equipment. This includes routine/preventive maintenance and equipment rebuild for systems in the pouring, finishing, and water treatment operations.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Troubleshoot various PLCs and other control systems and their coordinating sensors/instrumentation.
2. Coordinate efforts with outside vendors and contractors required to support equipment.
3. Research and source replacement parts.
4. Perform maintenance work necessary to maintain machinery in proper operation.
5. Coordinate installation of new equipment.
6. Dismantle machinery to repair or replace defective parts.
7. Operate mobile equipment as necessary to maintain upkeep of the plant.
8. Use hand tools, pneumatic power tools, electric power tools and lifting equipment such as forklift, crane, and chain hoist.
9. Lay out, assemble, and install piping systems relating to hydraulic, pneumatic and water systems.
10. Operate light welders on occasion.
11. Develop and maintain list and inventory of spare parts
12. Maintain housekeeping of the work area as well as the shop area and performs other duties as assigned.
13. Collaborate with production team to support sound decision making.
14. Available to float between two shifts and on weekends when necessary.
Desired Skills and Experience:
1. Experience with stone fabrication desired
2. Ability to regularly lift and carry twenty-five (25) pounds and move up to fifty (50) pounds on occasions. The employee is frequently required to stand, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch.
3. High School diploma or equivalent
4. Minimum three (3) years sustained work experience
5. Maintenance experience in a manufacturing, industrial environment strongly desired
6. Communication skills that ensure a smooth flow of information between self and others through clear speaking and writing, encouragement of open expression of ideas, and effective listening.
1. Job Type: Full-Time
2. Pay: $22-$28 per hour depending on experience