Pouring and Forming Assistant
Venosa Precast Terrazzo (Venosa) was founded and established in 2017 to address the growing demand for quality craftsmanship in producing various precast terrazzo architectural products primarily for the commercial market. Venosa is now an expanding national precast supplier and distributor. Collaborating with the nation’s finest specifiers, general contractors, distributors, and contractors, Venosa strives to attain stellar customer satisfaction on every project. Venosa’s core values are clearly stated to include inspiring commitment to its customers and employees, embracing accountability, practicing relentless improvement, and doing the right thing.
The position of Pouring & Forming Assistant (PFA) reports to the Pouring Lead and works closely with all Venosa colleagues responsible for scheduling, product handling, and manufacturing. The PFA’s primary responsibilities will be ensuring the forming, mixing, and pouring meet and exceed the project requirements and industry standards.
This position will have on-the-job training for those with no experience.
Essential Responsibilities and Functions
Assist with the manufacturing of precast terrazzo products, which will include:
- Fabrication of precast terrazzo forms to meet the project standards and shop drawings.
- Mixing and pouring precast terrazzo to meet the production schedule and project specifications.
- Utilization of heavy machinery, including forklifts, saws, and overhead cranes
- Maintaining safety standards and procedures outlined by Venosa provides a safe working environment.
- Keeping workspace clean and free of debris.
- Maintaining and cleaning equipment and tools every day.
- Other duties may apply.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strategic – sound skills for vetting the merit of alternative solutions and potential opportunities with the discipline to identify and implement changes.
- Energized – works with a sense of urgency and a positive attitude when engaging with others.
- Passionate – guided daily by the group’s mission and core values.
- Leader – easily moves others to action by planning and organizing the work, with a strong focus on training and motivating others and establishing a cadence for frequent interaction with employees.
- Communicator – establishes trust with customers, employees, vendors, and colleagues.
- Accurate – exhibits the group’s quality commitment to “do it once, do it right”.
- Trustworthy – ability to work discreetly and honorably with confidential information.
- Content – an aptitude for timeliness, documentation, and organization.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification required
- Ability to read and accurately interpret shop drawings
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Ability to regularly lift and carry twenty-five (25) pounds and move up to fifty (50) pounds on occasion. The employee is frequently required to stand, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch.
- Requires working with epoxy chemicals